Planning for summer has to include swimsuit shopping. This could be a beach or just chilling by the pool with friends. A swimsuit is the first thing that you are going to pack for a hot summer day by the beach but if you think yours is a little outdated check out the swimsuit trends for this year. There are so many new colours and designs with new silhouettes that have emerged down the pipeline for the year.
Here are a few of the popular trends
- One popular trend this year is the covered-up pieces. Swimsuits are taking on some different shapes with the short-sleeve one-pieces, long sleeve tops, booty shorts, and of course the high-rise bottoms. We are still going to be seeing the modest silhouettes that are baring some see whether it be a plunging neckline or skin on view from a crop top.
- Another trend that we are seeing is the tropical prints taken right from the runways. Designers such as Marni, Peter Pilotto, and Fendi have all ushered in the jungle prints with bright colours and patterned blooms.
- Already we have seen some wrap-around tops that appear in the cool collections around the board. Long straps that are designed to wrap around the torso to bring out a new fresh design for the bikini. A popular element of this trend is the flexibility you can have with the ops. They are great for the beach, but they can also be paired with some pants or a sarong for an easy transition to a new look.
- Coming in is the swimsuits with ornate embellishments, luxe waist-defining belts, velvet finishes, and are all in the new fashion swimsuits that can even be used for all-day wear. If it’s a one-day event cheap coloured contacts can be used. If you want to know how to style this apres beach attire, then you need to lean into a more maximalist style by adding some large sunglasses and fashionable layered jewelry. Coloured eye contacts can add to the look as well, with every color of the swimsuit, there could be matching contacts. Contact lenses that protect from UV rays should be worn.
- Sure we see swimsuits getting cut higher with the intent of the 80s silhouettes. Still, for this year the one-pieces are cut so drastically they are up past the navel giving the legs an extreme lengthening effect.
- This year we are even going to see pretty swimwear that has romantic satin-like finishes. Isa Boulder is launching a new collection in May of this year, and they are going to be a beautiful collection to keep an eye out for.
Are there any rules for the correct fit?
Some people are not a believer in the fit rules. It is all about how comfortable you are within your body. The key to the best fit is confidence. In Brazil, the women prefer to have smaller swimsuits on regardless of their shape. The Americans like to be more covered; then you have the Europeans who don’t mind being topless. It really should just come down to what the woman is comfortable wearing. Do you want something that can sculpt and mold your body? Something flattering? Prefer strapless styles?
You don’t always need to go with what everyone says you should. Wear what you want to wear and what is comfortable for you. You can do all that and also wear the latest trends that fit in with your style